Monday 26 March 2007

Hooray for spring - running the trail tomorrow!!

Recce'd the running trail in my lunch hour with Nick today. It's great - nice springy peat surface, pretty trees and, most importantly, no inclines. It helps that it's a mild, sunny day too, so here's hoping tomorrow follows suit weather-wise. I'm supposed to be running it with Rob after class, which should be fun as he's somehow tragically convinced he's playing a lead role in Top Gun. Probably not the ideal partner, as he'll no doubt be running rings around me and talking up a storm about whatever obscure political gems he's gleaned from the morning papers, but I guess if I can persuade him to run just a step or two behind me I could always maintain the illusion of running away - motivation if there ever was any.

Once again I'm being mean. See the thing is, Rob's one of those quirky Irishmen who regularly turns up to lectures brandishing a large pineapple which he proceeds to carve and eat using the very same leatherman he used to pick his toenails with earlier. He's been known to carry cold fried breakfast around in a tupperware for two days and call it a snack, he never irons his clothes, is a mine of useless information, and has even been known on occasions to strap a whole roast chicken to his handlebars with the intention of sharing it with the class at uni for lunch. Oh and he farts. Unashamedly. All the time. Great guy, slightly odd, very stinky.

Anyway, in other news I've just spent a whopping £7 on phone credit alone whilst fighting over extortionate electricity bills. At long last I've managed to settle the issue of paying bills to two companies simultaneously, but somehow I have a suspicion that the trouble isn't over yet. The landlady has decided to have a key meter fitted, which will mean paying money into a kitty on a monthly basis - easier said than done when dealing with my housemates who, naturally, all know better than everyone else. I have a creeping feeling that somehow this is going to come back and bite me in the ass.

Interesting fact for the day; In addition to the well-known nerve agents and irritants, there are also 'psychochemical agents' which "cause mental disturbances eg.depression, hallucination, psychosis". Awesome. Depress your enemy to death. I'd like to see Al-Qaeda release that one on the London Underground...

"prepare to be depreeeeessed! Mwahhahaahaa...oh wait - you already are. Damn."
P.S. Is it illegal to kill a man even if he's French?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was quite liking Nick up to the point you mentioned the farting and pong. Its probably just leatherman lust though, I don't know why I haven't got one of those yet, and chicken on my handlebars - nice.

Anyway, keep him chattering away tomorrow and you can just concentrate on the running as he gets out of puff.

Kate said...

Ah Leathermans (Leathermen??), the tool of choice. I one day hope to graduate from Swiss Army knife.