Saturday 31 March 2007

April Fool's...

I don't need a day to remind me I'm a fool.
The pharmacist got her little joke in a day early it seems. Went to Boots earlier looking to buy some E45 cream to clear up a few patches of eczema appearing on my arms. Pharmacist says "you should try this aqueous cream, it's cheaper, you get more of it and it's actually better. It's really good - unperfumed, and can even be used as a soap in the shower".
Unperfumed?? Now to me this means odourless. To her it obviously means they just haven't added any scents to sweeten the deal. This stuff is the antithesis to perfume. I unscrewed the lid only to be confronted by a smell so bad it made the muscles in my throat contract. Now I'm faced with an important choice between vanity and practicality:
To be covered in eczema, or to smell like burning rubber?
P.S. Blogger is odd...I posted just after midnight, but it reckons it was a good deal beforehand, and for some reason it doesn't want me to have spaces between lines tonight. April Fool's indeed.

1 comment:

Mr. X said...

Boot's aqueous creme is good for patches, and doesn't stink.